Wednesday, February 25, 2015

The Slave Who....

   


                 The Slave Who.....                                       Alpha Omega Diallo

         
           Blood dripping from my eyes.
           Covered in blood from head to toes 
           but only my arrogance is exposed.

           Some call me Fred, Freddy.
           But my real name is Frederick.
           The soul that is within me no man 
           can degrade.
      
           My name is Frederick Douglass
           I am the generation that 
           represents the frustrations
           of the nations.

           I am not a coward
          I'm just a flower.
           I am not egotistical 
           I'm just a political .
            
          My name is Frederick Douglass
          I'm the slave who defied his masters.
          I'm the slave with a dream bigger than 
          this planet. The truth is simple...
        
          If there is no struggle, there is no progress.
          Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet 
          depreciate agitation, are men who  
          want crops without plowing up their ground.


        They want rain without thunder and lighting. 
            They want the ocean without the 
         awful roar of its many waters.
       
        Power concedes nothing without a demand.
        It never did and never will.
        The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the 
        endurance of whom they oppress.




      






No comments:

Post a Comment